Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
522 West Deming Place, Chicago
This magical home will steal your heart! Built in 1883, The Sarah Belle Wilson House is among the oldest in the Arlington Deming Historic District. For nearly 4 years, a team of skilled contractors and artisans have worked tirelessly to restore every magnificent detail. Now, with nearly 7,000sf the home's millwork, pocket doors, grand staircase and art glass shine as brilliantly as they did 137 years ago. The enormous corner lot invites sunlight into every room. Grand double door entrance with spectacular art glass opens to the home's 12' ceilings, hardwood floors and Tennessee Marble fireplaces. The floor plan is exceptionally bright, open and welcoming. Every design decision was timeless: seamlessly blending old with new. Custom Wolf/SubZero kitchen with walls of windows looks to a beautiful patio and landscaped backyard with built-in fireplace. All six bedrooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors with thoughtfully-designed baths and organized walk-in closets. There's unmatched custom built-in storage throughout the home, including a walk-in cedar closet. The home's lower level with 9' ceilings has an enormous family with wet bar, wine cellar, fitness room with spa bath, and home theatre. Floors and sidewalks are heated. On-demand water heaters and whole house water filtration. New 3 car brick garage with 8' doors and 14' ceiling, too. Front and backyards are a gardener's dream. This is a home to be lived in and enjoyed.
- MLS® #10670358
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage6,600
- Year Built1883
- Sub-TypeDetached Single
- # of Garages3
- GaragesGarage Door Opener(s),Transmitter(s),7 Foot or more high garage door
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony,Deck,Patio,Porch,Storms/Screens
- Lot DescriptionCorner Lot,Fenced Yard,Irregular Lot,Landscaped
- FoundationBrick/Mortar,Concrete Perimeter,Stone
- Days on Market114
- Address522 West Deming Place
- AreaCHI - Lincoln Park
- Zip Code60614
- Interior FeaturesVaulted/Cathedral Ceilings,Bar-Wet,Hardwood Floors,Heated Floors,1st Floor Laundry,2nd Floor Laundry,Built-in Features,Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesDouble Oven,Range,Microwave,Dishwasher,Refrigerator,High End Refrigerator,Bar Fridge,Washer,Dryer,Disposal,Stainless Steel Appliance(s),Wine Refrigerator,Built-In Oven,Range Hood,Water Purifier,Water Purifier Owned,Other
- HeatingNatural Gas,Forced Air
- CoolingCentral Air,Zoned
- # of Fireplaces5
- FireplacesWood Burning,Gas Log,Gas Starter
- Stories3 Stories
- ElementaryAlcott Elementary School
- HighLincoln Park High School
- Listing Office@properties
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Gold Coast Realty are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Listing information last updated on July 10th, 2020 at 1:30am CDT.